History of the institution
The Navyug Education Scociety was established on 23/09/1958. It has been registered under the Society Registration Act. Its Registration Number is B/27/1958 (Saurashtra). It has also been registered under Society Trust Act on 10/08/1962 with the Registration No. F-6 (Junagadh).
Under this trust Navyug Arts & Commerce College was established in the initial stage. But thereafter a lot of contribution was received from Madhvani family and from 01/04/1959 its name was changed to Shri Kalidas Haridas Madhwani Arts & Commerce college. Abbreviated as K.H. Madhwani College, Porbandar.
College has its own library in which donatino was received from Shri Morarji Girdhar Shah on whose name the library was established frmo 1958 to 1964 and approximately 7000 books were purchased in this library.
For the construction of the college buildingan Architech of Bombay ( now Mumbi ) named Shri Jagdishbhai Shah was selected. He drafted a fully ventilated giant plant for the college bulding. The president of the trust at that time was Lt. Maharana Sir who gave green signal to start the construction after looking the marvelous plan of the college building.
The building was contructino as per the budget decided. But aprt from college building a giant hostel building, compound wall, canteen and roads where contructed only at a total cost of 410000/-.
From 15/06/1963, the college was shiftedin its new building with the new name Shri Kalidas Haridas Madhvani College, Porbandar. On 13/06/1963 the maindonors Lt. Shri Ramnikbhai Madhvani, Shri Rajmikant Madhvani, Smt. Rmabhaben Madhvani and Smt. Kasturbaben Madhvani inaugurated this institution.
The B.B.A. Faculty is started from the year 1991.